Primary responsibility is selling Invisible Fence Systems to prospective customers, following up on leads, vet visits, home shows, and generating additional leads. May at times work in the role of Field Representative.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows up on daily leads sheet received from Corporate marketing.
- Conducts in-home sales presentations explaining how the system operates, the advantages of the system, and the dog training process.
- Helps the customer determine their needs and the layout of the system.
- Quotes pricing based on customers' design and completes written estimate.
- If sale is not closed at the time of the presentation, makes follow-up calls to answer questions and ensure the close of the sale.
- Makes follow up calls to installed customers at intervals of three days, three weeks, and three months to ensure customer satisfaction and to generate referrals.
- If the sale is closed at the time of the presentation, calls the Sales/Service Center and sets up an appointment for the installation.
- Writes all pertinent data including contract date in the installation book and updates the sales book.
- Completes weekly sales report.
- Calls on Vets to establish relationships, leave materials, and set up avenues to generate leads.
- Works at Home Shows answering questions, providing information, and generating leads.
- May at times do inside office support.
- Installs Invisible Fence System including laying wire, mounting equipment, flagging the property, reviewing the installation with the customer, and conducting training for the dog or cat.
- Services existing systems identifying problems and making the necessary repairs.
- Completes contracts with serial numbers, installation map, customer checklist, and method of payment.
- Prepares customer invoice and collects payment at the time of service.
- Tracks drive time, mileage, time with customer, amount charged, amount paid, and incentive calculation for each customer contact.
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures
Associates Degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school and one to two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of equipment and installations
- Familiarity with warranty and product pricing information
- Ability to do effective sales presentations
- Sales Experience
- Communication skills, interpersonal skills, and customer service skills required for work with the customers
- Ability to work with and train dogs and cats and have breed knowledge
- Basic computer skills with the ability to work in a Windows environment and use the Invisible Fence Dealership Management System
- Ability to be flexible and to work as part of a team
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to operate power tools (i.e. Stiehl saw to cut concrete, electric drill and hand grinder)
- Ability to keep accurate and timely records
- Trouble shooting skills and problem solving skills required for servicing existing systems
- Frequently lifting up to 10 pounds carrying sales materials to customers' homes
- Frequently walking the perimeter of the property to ensure accurate layout and estimate
- Occasionally when in Field Rep role extremely physical work including climbing, walking, digging, and loading and unloading the van and frequent lifting of up to 35 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds
- When in the Sales Representative Role:
- Frequently driving to customers' homes to make sales calls
- Frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions
- Typical office conditions when in the office
- When in the Field Representative role:
- Working outdoors and exposed to all types of weather conditions
- Using power tools and exposed to noise and dirt
- Working with customers' dogs or cats